When William Shatner Asked Us To Take ‘Spock Selfies’, He Had A BEAUTIFUL Ulterior Motive
William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy were co-stars on Star Trek, but when the show finished filming they continued a friendship that would last a lifetime. Nimoy passed away earlier this year, devastating legions of fans and friends. By all accounts he was a beautiful, brilliant soul. Shatner’s grief was well documented, and he said about his friend’s passing: “I loved him like a brother. We will all miss his humor, his talent, and his capacity to love.”
And Shatner will not let his friend’s legacy be forgotten. He recently tweeted this:
Which prompted the internet to respond with selfies wherein they duly enacted the ‘Vulcan Salute’ or LLAP (live long and prosper) sign that was so dear to Nimoy’s Spock. But what everyone was really wondering, was what Shatner was planning. Here is the internet’s responses and some uplifting reminders of how special you are.
1. No matter what, smile and give light to the world.
2. The next generation needs positivity and courage.
3. Take a moment out of your day to think about the blessing of your life.
4. Make your body and mind strong.
5. Our pets help us to be better humans.
6. Do your best and celebrate diversity.
7. Age is only a number.
8. Nichelle Nichols – the original Lieutenant Uhura got involved!
9. The symphony of life goes on.
10. Make sure you tell those you love how much they mean to you.
The above sentiments are reminders of the kind of world that Nimoy wanted. And Shatner created a moving a moving tribute that shows us that we are stronger together than alone.