21 Original Designs From Some Of Your Favorite Movies
The road to a finished movie is full of the corpses of forgotten designs that were considered ‘surplus to requirements’. Here are 21 examples of original concept art that didn’t quite make the grade.
1. This original BB-8 concept for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
2. The Milano ship from Guardians of the Galaxy in the early stages of development.
3. One of the earliest mock ups of a futuristic Los Angeles in Blade Runner.
4. These mech suits from Edge of Tomorrow before they were given the final beef up.
5. This was the original lightsaber design for the original Star Wars.
6. This is how the police cars could have looked in Back to the Future 2.
7. Here’s the Bridge of the Starship Enterprise from Star Trek (2009).
8. This concept art for Alien is a little different from the finished product.
9. Ava went through a heavy design process for Ex Machina.
10. A piece of concept art from Mad Max: Fury Road.
11. A landscape mock up from the early stages of Terminator: Genisys.
12. Concept art for the chest bursting scene in Prometheus.
13. Art from the remake of Akira, which is currently stuck in development.
14. A look inside the Mothership from Independence Day.
15. R2-D2 looks a lot different now then he did in the original design.
16. The concept art for Arrakis from David Lynch’s Dune.
17. Different clothing concepts for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
18. The original concept for the police bots in Elysium.
19. An early concept for the jet bikes in Riddick.
20. How the bug could have looked in Starship Troopers.