18 Young And Powerful Female Politicians Conquering The World
In the male-dominated world of politics, being a successful female politician is never an easy task. However, these women decided to pursue their dreams of becoming successful politicians, and they’re totally slaying it.
1. Vanja Hadzovic is a successful Serbian adviser in Ministry of Foreign affairs.
2. Elected in 2009 in the first district of Thessaloniki, Eva Kaili worked with the Cultural and Educational Affairs, Standing Committee on National Defence and Foreign Affairs, and Special Permanent Committee of Greeks Abroad.
3. After completing her law degree, Mara Carfagna was elected to the Chamber of Deputies for Forza Italia party in 2006.
4. Lawyer and politician Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner was the first directly elected female president of Argentina from 2007 to 2015.
5. Italian politician and businesswoman Michela Vittoria Brambilla was elected Italy’s Minister of Culture and Tourism in 2009.
6. Canadian politician Ruby Dhalla was one of the first Sikh women to serve in the Canadian House of Commons.
7. As the youngest member of German parliament, Julia Bonk served the ‘Landtag’ of Saxony from 2004 to 2014.
8. Elected in September 2014, Alina Kabaeva is the chairwoman of the board of directors of the National Media Group.
9. The Polish liberal politician Joanna Mucha was the Minister of Sport and Tourism of Poland from 2011 to 2012.
10. Michele Bachmann is a Republican congresswoman from Minnesota.
11. Mary Bono Mack doesn’t only hold a seat in the California Congress, but is also the Senior VP of a major consulting firm.
12. New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand is doing pretty well: she was re-elected with 72 percent of the vote.
13. At the age of 14, Luciana Leon became General Secretary of the Peruvian Aprista Party’s youth wing.
14. Lebanese politician Sethrida Geagea currently represents the district of Bsharri.
15. Former Dutch politician Sabine Uitslag was a member of the Christian Democratic Appeal and mainly focused on social care and youth policy.
16. Sarah Palin was the youngest person and first woman to be elected Governor of Alaska.
17. Yuri Fujikawa used to be a Hachinohe city councilwoman before she got involved in a sex scandal with another married politician.