17 Random Facts You Can Use To Freak Out Your Friends
1. Your eyes stay the same size from birth, but your nose and ears keep growing.
2. The same areas in your brain are activated for physical pain and the pain of rejection.
3. The Pinocchio Paradox: What would happen if Pinocchio said “my nose is about to grow?”
4. Croissants aren’t actually French, they’re from Austria.
5. Pencils have enough graphite in them to draw a 35 mile long line!
6. US president James Buchanan would regularly buy slaves in Washington, take them to Pennsylvania, and quietly set them free.
7. Velcro was inspired by the way burrs stick to clothing.
8. In the last 4000 years, mankind hasn’t domesticated any new animals.
9. What does Mary-Kate have to hide?
10. Oreo’s ripped off a cookie called Hydrox, which went out of business in 2008.
11. Babies are born without kneecaps, and don’t develop them until they’re between 2 and 6 years old.
12. The man who invented frisbees was cremated and made into a frisbee after he died.
13. “Do geese see god?” reads the same backwards as it does forwards.
14. The Great Fire of London, in 1666, destroyed half the city but only six people were injured.
15. Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the internet, almost called it The Mine of Information (TMI) or The Information Mine (TIM), but went with the World Wide Web because it had more of a ring to it.
16. A pack of Wrigley’s gum was the first product to have a barcode.