1. This photo has been circulating the internet for a long time and claims this man was standing on the balcony of one of the twin towers on September 11 when the plane was about to hit. The plane is fake and the timestamp was added into the image after it was taken.
6. Analysts have found that Kim Jong Il was actually never standing with the North Korean Troops in this picture. When zooming in, you can see patterns in the wood behind him are inconsistent with those of the wood behind the soldiers.
7. The iconic Beatles Abbey Road album cover was heavily edited. A cigarette was removed from from Paul’s right hand and the image colours were changed. Apple Records, who owns the rights to this image, were not very happy that this was done without their permission and they said “It seems these poster companies got a little carried away.”
9. In 2009, the Israeli newspaper Yated Neeman published this version of a group photo of Netanyahu, the country’s newly elected Prime Minister. It was later found that two female members of Cabinet had their faces swapped with men’s faces.
10. This picture is a widely reprinted photo from the Battle of Berlin on 2 May 1945. When it was published in Russian magazine Ogonyok, the image was altered and what appears to be a second watch on the wrist of the Russian soldier was removed. This was done to prevent allegations that solider had looted the second watch. The smoke in the background was also darkened.
16. Taken within seconds of the preceding photo, this frame reveals that Lenin was joined that day by fellow Central Committee members Leon Trotsky, who stands in hat and moustache on the stairs to the right of the podium, and Lev Kamenev, who stands behind him.